Well Guys wanted to share a terrifying (?) incident that took place at my residence last night. To be more precise at my kitchen, (sorry mom I mean your kitchen ). Have not come out of it still…. Phew poor Soul I m… I m sure many of u will vouch for that….
(You are not going to let me down on that note are u?)
Last night while I was ransacking my book cupboard to find something interesting like a old and favourite accessory of mine which gave way to my new collections or a old novel which I had read quite some month before or some important document which I had so carefully thrown it inside in some hurry and which I had been searching for ages and almost accepted my defeat in finding it…. Nothing so new for me after all its all common in my room u see….
While checking out my shelf I got hold on one bag which had more than a dozen of books – each specializing in different variety of recipes of food…. I should mention here it was kept there by my sis who got recently married and who has a great taste for cooking new and delicious food for us. Poor sissy she wanted to take it home some day…. But I don’t think I would give her the opportunity for reasons well known to me..
Almost being blown out into pieces by something called “BOREDOM” I really wanted to venture into something interesting as well as time indulging…. The choice of watching a video on my player / Going on a really long telephonic conversation/ Glancing my academics assets (for sure- No doubts on that pls) was put off the very next second it struck my mind…. So suddenly something popped out in my mind… Why not march straight away into our kitchen…. It sounded not a bad idea to me at that hour.
Ok let me share the actual night mare experience. I selected the “VARIETIES IN DOSA”
I thought why not give rava dosa a trial. Well to those who don’t know what Rava Dosa is please check out a good South Indian Restaurant nearby ( if u really interested I ll tell u some good proportion and d mistake to be avoided to get a very nice output I mean a good dosa at the end)
Well there were lots of ingredients that were mentioned in the book like rice flour, rava , butter milk, spices and stuffs like that…. Ok mixing all done as said in the book. Next target crying oh I mean cutting onions in small pieces as it would give good taste to the dosa… side by side I finished doing CARROT CHUTNEY ( I had tried this for the very first time but believe me guys it got over within the next thirty min )
Now the final part of the mission- Giving it a shape in a flat tawa. With pride and lot of happiness I spread the flour onto the tawa. Yeah done. Next I put around some oil around it in a circle… Wow everything seem so perfect . I never knew I was about to experience such a tragic thing the next very moment. As I took the tawa spoon to put the dosa upside down , the dosa refused to part from the tawa. OMG, ok I said to myself take it easy child. Try again . ok next time…
Now the dosa became even more firm in its decision to stay with the tawa( please don’t imagine me as a movie villain and the dosa and the tawa as hero and girl ) Now instead going into imagination please feel pity for this supposed to be villain ( Am I ). All my efforts to put it upside down without any scratches and as a whole things resulted in vain.
Finally I pulled together all my efforts from within to tear the dosa into 4 pieces and let it get cooked on the other side( by the way there was no necessity for it to be done cos it had been on the tawa for a quite long time so it must have been over cooked also – God knows further details of it )
Whew, I am quite tired writing this experience itself jus wondering how it was for me last night. And to my kind bloggers attention I managed to make four dosa (?) (ok guys pieces of dosas enough) . And without saying, I washed the tawa 4 times each after each dosa was made, wasted the gas for long and messed up the kitches as much as I can.
On this note I should say a big thanks to my family for letting me go ahead in this mission, anxiously believing that I would surprise them with a yummy rava dosa, for hiding the disappointment after seeing the final output and also for cleaning up the utter nonsense mess I had made in my attempt to kill my boredom
Rava Dosa OMG not again
GOD SAVE ME AND ALL THOSE AROUND………..
The Comfort of Being Apolitical
4 months ago



1 comments:
waooooooooooo my dear friend has tried out something nice. for everyone who visit beware of rava dosa and tawa. dnt seperate them like villan. he he he he he
Post a Comment